Courses

Thursday 19 January 2012

My First Love, My Mother

Every time, I hurt her but she always cares about me in return. Whenever I am ill, she sits behind me all the night staring at me in order to make sure that I am perfectly taken care of. She can’t close her eyes even for a little while so that when I wake up, I don't get worried by not finding her there for me. But I don’t know why, many times, I just can’t care about her feelings. Her love for me is visibly immeasurable; tears in my eyes or any bruises on my body hurt her deeply. Similarly, she loves to see a smile on my face all the time. Surprisingly, every time she already knows what is in my heart.
In my childhood, I loved to play cricket. I remember, those days she could never get relaxed until I returned home safe and sound. Till today, all my tensions vanish in her company; her kind face, knowing eyes and wise words help me to confront the issues bravely and sort them out confidently. Before every exam, contest or a tough time when I see her praying for me, I feel a lot of strength and calm inside me to meet the challenge.
Like everyone else, the secret behind my peaceful life and all the success is my mom. Whoever I am today, it’s just because of my mom’s support and efforts. She is the amazing selfless soul, who scarified everything to see me happy and flourishing in my life. How can I forget that she had to lose her friendships and all the socialization time just to spend time with me in order to help me with my studies every evening. When people were enjoying beauty naps in the afternoon, she used to be in the market with me buying material for our educational projects at school or purchasing equipments for my sports and co-curricular activities. I have flash backs of my rehearsals of dramas and debates that were held and directed by her at home so that I could perform with excellence at school. I still remember how fun was her company when I used to play outdoor or indoor games with her, and every time, she, deliberately, chose to be a looser just to see me happy (I was unaware of the fact that time). Similarly, every weekend we used to watch two kids’ movies together. I have  a full fledged album of such enjoyable memories that contributed to what I am today.
Now, when I am a grown up, she thinks I am still the same young child:
"Have you taken your breakfast? Finish your milk before your university bus arrives."
"Button your cuffs. Today, you did not comb your hair well!"
"Oh, wear your sweater quickly, otherwise you will catch cold."
"My God! I can’t approve of your wearing trousers while going outside, specially with me."
"How about your studies? These days, you are spending so much time on facebook, isn’t it? etc."
Although it’s annoying and irritating most of the time, but I understand it now; it’s her way of loving and protecting me. Since I opened my eyes, I found her by my side, caring and nurturing me. With her, I experienced love first time in my life. She is my first true love.
I don’t know why, despite all the awareness, I can’t acknowledge her love, care and contribution for me most of the time.  Here, I recall a story:
While passing through a bridge, a mom said to her son,
 “Hold my hand tightly!”
The son replied:
“No mom, you hold my hand.”
 Mom asked:
“What is the difference in it, son?”
The son answered:
“ Mom, may be I leave you when I am in trouble but I am sure you can’t leave my hand under any condition.”
But now, through this article, I discovered my relationship and bonding with my mother. Certainly, her love for me is evident and matchless. And, I have no words to thank her for all that she did for me.

Muhammad Ismail
Sec D

1 comment:

  1. Well Done ! Ismail, no doubt its a good resource for students and an immaculate piece of writing for them. I am impressed, hats off to u ...

    ReplyDelete