Courses

Sunday 5 February 2012

In Search of Hope...


He has always treated me unfairly. He has crippled me but I’m capable enough to get back on my feet again. He has broken my heart so many times that I wonder if I would be able to mend it again the next time. He has made me feel hopeless for myself. He has always been inflicting hurt and pain upon me which are the only things that comfort me; sometimes, hurt and pain seem like the most beautiful feelings I’ve ever encountered. Unfortunately, still I’m unconscious to ‘happiness’, the most desired one.
                  I have always wanted to get my revenge on him but I have always been a failure at it. He is so beautiful and me being stunned by it, I have become a desperate fool and his victim. I wish he would treat me nicely just once, but he always throws me away, and, I can’t stand up to my pride because I am weak and he is strong. He is like the ruler of my heart and soul, and, enjoy playing with them just for the sake of fun. And, I let him do anything with me because I can’t do anything otherwise.
                  I beg him every day, every hour, every minute, and every second of my life to release me from his control and from the burden he is to me. I yearn to be a free bird, free from the chains that bind me to him and never let me go. But being too arrogant and  proud, he laughs at my face saying he would not let me go so easily. His laughter hurts my ears making me wish I was deaf to his frightening laugh. I’m afraid of his saying he has got more surprises for me. I am scared of those ‘surprises’, wishing death would come sooner, wishing I would rather be in hell than be his victim and waiting for those ‘surprises’.
                 I know only one thing can free me from him, and, that is death. Everyday, I wait patiently for it, as I’ve been doing my whole life, hoping I’d no longer be at his mercy. And, soon I would be like a free bird, released from a cage, with the most wonderful feeling of ‘happiness’ that would be new to me. Now, I can’t wait to the new beginning…
I don't know if a miracle happens in my favour and helps me out of the closed street!!
By: Zainab Ikram
Sec: D

No comments:

Post a Comment