Courses

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Future Journalist

My name is Zain Aftab and I belong to a family of landlords residing near Multan city of Pakistan. As an old tradition among landlords, they are least interested in getting educated. Rather, they like their children to take care of their inherited lands. So, the community in which I grew up was strict toward their rules, but by the blessing of Allah, my father was among the rare ones who wanted their children to be educated. Furthermore, I was also interested in studies.
                  That’s how I got admission in school, and in other words, I started a whole new life for myself. There, I got opportunities to interact with others and participate in co- curricular activities. Fortunately, my teachers supported me very much throughout my school life. Later, even at college, I was lucky enough to have the encouragement of my teachers all the way through.
                  On the other hand, I and my parents had to face a lot of criticism and discouragement from my relatives. However, gradually, I started realizing the difference between me and the other uneducated children of my family and our society in terms of the learning and grooming that I received through my education. Then, I felt proud of my parents for their decision of giving me an opportunity to get education and came to the conclusion how wrong it was to deprive a child from his right of being educated.
So, I decided to change the thinking of our society by my own example and provide everyone with the basic right of education. For the purpose, I chose to study Media and Education for my higher studies. I hope this way I will be better able to convey my message convincingly to the larger part of my country in order to bring a social change in our country.
By: Zain Aftab
Sec: D

No comments:

Post a Comment