Courses

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Personal Statement

My father never got the proper education he always desired due to insufficient resources. But despite the lack of education, he made himself financially stable enough to support his family.
                 However, he provided with the best possible education to his all three children. I, being the youngest and the only daughter, have always been his favourite child. He has given me the opportunity to acquire the best quality education, sent me go to one of the top schools and has always supported my broad vision and creative ideas. In my family, a girl’s education is not given much concern. They don’t even spend enough money on their daughters’ brought up, but contrarily, my father has always given me priority over my brothers. He is my role model.
               His company and training influenced my personality like anything. Unlike my relatives,  he always taught me that there was more to just being a doctor or an engineer. Also, he helped me to be empathetic towards others by asking me to first put myself into others shoes, and then, judge and make decisions about them. Similarly, he always tried to show me both sides of a coin whenever we came across a matter. Moreover, it was he who made me realize how fortunate I had been to have everything which was not accessible for everyone. That's how my interest developed in Psychology and finally I opted for it as my career. Now,  I am proud of myself that how easily I understand people and can communicate with them without any hesitation. I read other person's mind easily and quickly and understand his unspoken intentions and desires. So, I am happy to pursue Psychology as my career and one day I would like to go for specialization in it.
By Ummama Pervaiz
Sec: D
       

No comments:

Post a Comment