Courses

Thursday 19 January 2012

Thank You Dad for Everything



I opened my eyes as my Daddy’s Girl. Fortunately, as being the only sister of my two elder brothers and the youngest child of my parents, I always got whatever I wanted. My father has always loved me more than anything in this world and still sees all his dreams coming true through me. As a child, I had always been the boldest  and the sharpest among his all three children. He saw in me what I think no one other than him could see. So, he  always encouraged me to perform better than the others.
Interestingly, I had always been more interested in co-curricular activities than my studies. I was only six when he got me a tutor just to teach  me Chess. Since he didn’t know how to play it but wanted to accompany me at the game, he asked me to teach him Chess. 
Despite the fact that I was born and brought up in such a society where women or girls should not be found outside  without abaya, every weekend, he used to take me to some place outside the city where there was no one to see, and I could freely learn how to skate and cycle.
He sent me to the best school at Riyad which was considered among the top 5 schools in Saudi Arabia. There, I always got 1st position in all my extra-curricular activities, and as a result, I became very confident.
My father wanted me to be a doctor or do something to serve humanity. He, also, showed me the other side of the life. He made me realize by giving me everything that everyone didn’t has it and taught me to always be giving and kind to others selflessly. Moreover, he inculcated curiosity in me to learn more and more from life.
So, I chose to study Psychology and would become a Psychologist in future. With the back ground, now I feel myself more inquisitive about the world and the people around me. My brought up and professional education have enabled me to seek out information on various issues, sorting through it and solving problems in creative ways. Also, I learnt that life is never perfect for any one, and many times it could be mended by just a little gesture of generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment